This is a sponsored post courtesy of Viva® Vantage® however thoughts and opinions are mine all mine.
How many of you are in a set routine that you’re happy with and gladly execute daily? I know I’ve always said, ‘I’m a creature comfort person’. Meaning, I like what I like and if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
But, this whole year for me has been about switching things up and getting out of my comfort zone. It started last year after losing my full time job and deciding I didn’t want to go back to another desk job. Each tiny step I took towards something different led me to take bigger steps and it made me realize that change is indeed good.
I’m a paper towel fiend. I will use paper towels for anything and everything. There’s a running joke in my house that when something needs to be done I always say, ‘Get a paper towel’ so, it brings me great pleasure to be able to share with you via this sponsored post courtesy of Viva® Vantage® some of the different ways I use them in my day to day and some new uses I’ve recently learned at a ‘Girls Day Out’ brunch.
What do paper towels have to do with switching up your routine? Well, you have to start somewhere right? I did say I took small steps which led to bigger ones. So, let’s start with a fun little exercise called the #7DaySwitchUp.
You can use it with paper towels and then incorporate it into other things in your life.
|Party Hostess Amy Austin (selfishmom.com) sharing her #7DaySwitchUp Tips|
For example, the hostess of our “Girls Day Out” brunch mentioned that she’s not a drinker so she generally tells her guests to bring whatever they want to drink. She decided that for this event she would switch it up and bought wine. She took it one step further and made Sangria for us.
That’s a nice change to her routine and with that she shared a couple of great paper towel tips:
Ditch the bulky colander in favor of a paper towel. Place veggies and fruit on a sheet of Viva® Vantage® paper towels under a running faucet to function as a strainer; the stretchy-strength will keep the towel intact when wet.
Need to chill white wine quickly? Don’t dilute it with ice; wrap a damp paper towel around the bottle and put in the freezer to chill rapidly.
I especially love the first tip because since I moved I don’t have a colander so, that works perfectly for me.
|Cleaning Mushrooms with Viva® Vantage® Paper Towels|
Speaking of moving. I took the leap out of New York City. That was another switch up. Me, a native New Yorker from Brooklyn who said I’d never leave just decided to up and leave and the world didn’t collapse. I’m fine, actually. Great even.
But, like my colander, a lot of other things are missing at the moment so, paper towels fill those voids like when you don’t have a dish rag or sponge just:
Hand wash and dry wine glasses and other stemware using the cloth-like texture of Viva® Vantage® paper towels for a sparkling finish.
Need to get that grime off your stove? The great scrubbing power of Viva® Vantage® paper towels allows you to clean the toughest messes and restore your kitchen’s shine.
Think for a minute about some things you might want to try to do differently. Write them down and put them in an envelope because we’re going to start small with this #7DaySwitchUp and then aim big.
|Let’s Eat, Drink & Be Merry During Our #7DaySwitchUp|
Get a roll of Viva® Vantage® paper towels. Make that switch for one week and then from there take one of your goals. Oh, and if your goal is to get some extra cash then you have an incentive with this switch up. You can enter to win $100. Visit VivaTowels.com for more information.
I’m going to list the 7-Day Switch Up tips but first I’m going to share some of mine.
I use my Viva® paper towels to :
- remove make-up
- apply make-up
- remove nail polish
- as pot holders
- as a dog poop scooper
- as a towel at the gym (yes, I forgot my towel the other day and had to go to desperate measures and it worked)
- as an Ice Pack
7-Day Switch Up Tips:
- Ditch the bulky colander in favor of a paper towel. Place veggies and fruit on a sheet of Viva® Vantage® paper towels under a running faucet to function as a strainer; the stretchy-strength will keep the towel intact when wet.
- Keep lettuce fresh longer by wrapping a paper towel around a head of lettuce to soak up excess moisture.
- Hand wash and dry wine glasses and other stemware using the cloth-like texture of Viva® Vantage® paper towels for a sparkling finish.
- Replace the need for a vegetable scrubber by using the great scrubbing power of Viva® Vantage® paper towels to properly clean mushrooms, potatoes, etc.
- Need to chill white wine quickly? Don’t dilute it with ice; wrap a damp paper towel around the bottle and put in the freezer to chill rapidly.
- Slip a damp paper towel under your cutting board to prevent it from shifting while slicing and dicing.
- Need to get that grime off your stove? The great scrubbing power of Viva® Vantage® paper towels allows you to clean the toughest messes and restore your kitchen’s shine.
Feel free to share some of your tips in the comment section below as you experience the stretchy-strength and great scrubbing power of Viva® Vantage®, recently named a 2015 Product of the Year.
Don’t forget to enter the contest and best of luck on your switch up and dare to be different.
P.S. Here are some more pics from our Viva®Vantage® 7-Day Switch Up #GirlsNightOut Brunch:
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Viva® Vantage®.